12.23.2013

Pull up to Paradise


Most of us are quite multi-faceted. I like to think I am anyway. When not doing this kind of painterly art, I am also a well known LEGO artist. The thing I love to build most in LEGO is cars...classic American custom cars and hot rods mostly. I’m not quite sure where I picked up this affinity for custom car culture coming from Massachusetts. Probably the same place I acquired an affinity for tikis and mid-century modern architecture. It didn’t exist back east, so to me it was exotic and therefore I liked it. Anyway, often my LEGO building and painterly worlds combine. This one perfectly illustrates so many things that drive me...classic cars, nostalgia, skulls, tikis, retro ads, and exotic tropical places. If there is just one piece that would describe the quintessential “Lino” art feel, this would be it.

Measures 16" x 20"

No comments:

Post a Comment