7.20.2014

6 Shooter


My final illustration for City Star Brewing in Berthoud, Colorado, by default, needed to go in a fun, light, and refreshing direction. We already had a dark and brooding skeleton cowboy so this time I went for a cute and sexy cowgirl. My first sketch featured a cowgirl standing beside a horse and while John and Whitney liked the idea, it seemed too sterile and lacked a certain...magic. They wanted something a little more edgy, a little more...badass, maybe. The second sketch featured the cowgirl atop a rearing horse while firing her 6-shooter into the air and that was the magic element needed to get the brewers and the artist excited. I finished the six illustration project with a bang, a fitting way to end anything, really! 6-Shooter American Pale Ale has won the 2014 US Open Beer Championship Bronze Medal. Care to see me, the brewery and these six paintings in person? I will be in Berthound, Colorado at City Star Brewing on Saturday, August 9th to reveal these illustrations live. True to City Star fashion, there will be food, festivities, live music...and of course beer! Hit up my inbox for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment